Global Developer Events Manager
- Drive Celo’s global developer event and hackathon strategy.
- Design detailed developer event plans including the scope, theme, venues, and budgets.
- Create and run global activations supporting focusing on Celo’s mobile-first technology.
- Draft blog posts, tweets and produce other marketing material to raise awareness and build excitement for developer-focused events.
- Scout venues and online platforms.
- Manage event and production logistics.
- Speaker and sponsor management, inviting ecosystem partners.
- Create engaging post-event media and content that highlight participants and winners.
Senior Social Media Manager
- Own Celo’s social media channels, from planning and producing content to distributing and analyzing results, in partnership with the social media and wider marcomms team.
- Partner with Celo Foundation employees and the broader Celo community to write, edit, and ship content in line with the brand voice for Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, Discord, Telegram, blog and newsletters - across multiple stakeholder segments.
- Articulate and communicate the Celo Foundation brand voice across the company’s social media channels.
- Partner closely with the marcomm team to align on the content calendar as well as partner closely with the legal team to best navigate compliance and regulatory frameworks.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow Celo’s online communities, including influencer relationships and global ambassador programs.
- Bring knowledge of the crypto industry, the culture and best practices to form a strategic vision for how to best elevate Celo in the space.
- Assist in the development, planning, and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns and external company announcements.
- Marry art and science by monitoring and applying engagement analytics and insights.
- Work with a global cross-functional team to align priorities and bring Celo’s voice and vision to life through our engagement with the Celo community.
Developer Technical Community Manager (Node Operator Community)
- Be responsible for coordinating core engineering changes through community initiatives and coordinating votes with node operators, calling attention to new votes, voting deadlines, etc.
- Monitor, moderate and manage community sentiment on Discourse, Discord, Telegram, Twitter & forums.
- Organize and coordinate online community events such weekly or monthly community calls, Twitter spaces, and Youtube AMAs, liaising with Celo Core Engineering and MarComms Circle.
- Coordinate with members of the community to document conversations around proposed changes to the core Celo blockchain specification.
- Measure and report on the success of community growth, support, and engagement initiatives with qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Develop processes for onboarding new node operators to the Celo community.
- Advocate for and on behalf of the node operator community on technical and business incentives with the intention of creating the environment for a more robust network.
- Document and work with the community to improve the on and off-boarding of new nodes.
- Be an advocate for the wider Celo node and developer community.
- Work to facilitate improvements to the process for electing new validators and help to influence the incentives for running Celo nodes.
- Be an advocate for node operators, validators, and help to grow this number in a sustainable fashion.
Crypto made for Mobile
Celo is a mobile-first blockchain that makes decentralized financial (DeFi) tools and services accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. It aims to break down barriers by bringing the powerful benefits of DeFi to the users of the 6 billion smartphones in circulation today.
First time visiting Celo? View the Website
The company’s mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions of prosperity for everyone. Celo enables native and non-native digital assets–both cryptographic and Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs)–to circulate freely across devices, carriers, and countries. This makes money mobile, global and accessible like never before. Celo is supported by a community of organizations and individuals, including Jack Dorsey, a16z, and Deutsche Telekom.
An Ethereum-compatible technology capable of reaching global users at scale, Celo turns crypto into usable money with a multi-asset system: a governance and staking asset (CELO) and a family of stablecoins. Since the launch of Mainnet in 2020, Celo’s network now supports 1000+ projects from builders, developers, and artists, who everyday create new applications and issue digital currencies from over 100 countries around the world.
Get started with Celo
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, Celo is building a community with many different perspectives and experiences. Let’s build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo believes in a future where everyone can prosper.
Celo is mobile, open, and real
Celo was designed to enable a new universe of financial solutions accessible for mobile users and takes a mobile-first approach that provides the opportunity to positively impact 6B+ smartphone owners globally, creating a global financial ecosystem where an end-user can onboard into the Celo ecosystem with just a mobile number.
Celo’s technology innovations allow it to truly work across devices, carriers, and countries. Celo uses a novel Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus protocol and a hyper-efficient light client. With its interoperability, cross-chain compatibility, and vision for currency inclusivity, Celo enables digital assets to circulate at extremely low costs and high speeds across devices, carriers, and countries, making money mobile, global and accessible like never before. Celo is supported by a mission-aligned network of technologists and international organizations committed to building an inclusive financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity—for everyone.
Celo’s mobile-first approach to user-first decentralized finance (DeFi) means everyone has equal access to powerful financial tools and services – no matter who they are or where they live – creating convenient, financial opportunities for anyone who is online and on their mobile phones.
User-first with phone number PKI
Ultra-accessible with Ultralight Mobile Client
The ultralight client is a zk-SNARK based system that allows mobile and resource constrained nodes on the Celo network to sync to the Celo blockchain faster and with less data. It accomplishes this by using zero-knowledge proofs, which allow the quick verification of the chain syncing computation without having to run it locally.
Industry-leading blockchain sync speeds with Plumo
Plumo will allow Celo to sync 1 million times faster than other blockchains.
With its interoperability, full EVM compatibility, and vision for currency inclusivity, Celo’s open-source infrastructure now supports 1000+ projects from builders, developers, and even artists, who every day create new applications and issue digital currencies from 100+ countries around the world.
Interoperable with Optics
The Optics standard will allow Celo to facilitate transactions between other smart contract enabled layer 1 blockchains like Ethereum, Cosmos, Solana, and Near, meaning Celo’s ecosystem of developers can connect the people, services, and technologies that allow everyone to benefit from a more open and connected blockchain ecosystem.
On-chain governance with CELO
Celo is turning crypto into usable money with a multi-asset system: a growing family of native and wrapped stablecoins and CELO, the native governance and staking asset (CELO) that allows anyone to help shape the future of Celo.
Sustainable with staking
Celo’s Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus mechanism and automatic daily carbon offsets make Celo the world's first carbon-negative blockchain, offsetting over 2,285 tons of carbon to-date.
Using the power of mobile-first DeFi to solve real problems for real people, Celo has made blockchain’s vision for a globally accessible decentralized financial system a reality. With Celo’s reliable 5 second block times, low gas fees payable in stablecoins, and decentralized phone verification protocol, it’s no wonder companies and organizations like Deutsche Telekom, Opera, and the Grameen Foundation are working with the Celo ecosystem to drive adoption of Celo’s technology in the real world.
Summary of benefits, features, and data behind the Celo platform.
The Platform for Mobile DeFi
The Celo protocol provides a platform upon which the Celo community can create stabilized value digital assets. Named for the currencies they follow, Celo Dollars (cUSD) and Celo Euros (cEUR) are stablecoins that allow anyone to share value faster, cheaper and more easily from a mobile phone.
Innovative tools to build native mobile dApps:
- Stable Value Currencies
- Phone Number Public Key Infrastructure
- On-chain Governance
- Self Custody
- High Speed Sync for Ultra-light Clients
- Gas Payable in Multiple Stablecoins
- Programmable (full EVM Compatibility)
Optimized for Financial Applications
Powered by Celo’s industry-leading decentralized phone number verification, payment applications built on Celo allow users to easily send or request digital currencies from any mobile number, anywhere in the world, capable of offering their users features like:
- Non-custodial wallets
- Ultra low network transaction fees
- Digital currency exchange capabilities
- QR Code Support
- Mobile first SDK
Designed to support an ecology of stable value currencies. The first stablecoin, cUSD, tracks the value of the US Dollar.
- Algorithmic reserve-backed stabilization mechanism
- Crypto-asset collateralized
- Native support for multiple stablecoins
Open source permissionless smart contract platform built on decentralized infrastructure.
- Proof-of-Stake based consensus with high throughput, low latency, and zero carbon
- Incentives for serving mobile devices
- On-chain governance
Build on Celo
Visit celo.org to learn more.
Celo is a mobile-first, carbon-neutral blockchain that makes decentralized financial (DeFi) tools and services accessible to anyone with a mobile phone–bringing the powerful benefits of DeFi to the users of the 6 billion smartphones in circulation today.
Stable Value Currencies
Celo includes native support for multiple ERC20-like stable currencies pegged to ‘fiat’ currencies like the US dollar, to facilitate the use of Celo as a means of payment.
Accounts Linked to Phone Numbers
Celo maintains a secure decentralized mapping of phone numbers that allow wallet users to send and receive payments with their existing contacts simply and with confidence that the payment will reach the intended recipient.
Transaction Fees in Any Currency
Users can pay transaction fees in stable currencies so that they do not need to manage the balances of different currencies.
Immediate Syncing Even on Slow Connections
Extremely fast, secure synchronization between mobile devices and the Celo network means that even wallet users with high latency, low bandwidth, or high-cost data tariffs can use Celo. Celo removes the need to check every header before a received header can be trusted. The performance will be further improved with BLS signature aggregation and succinct zero-knowledge proofs, via zk-SNARKs.
Celo uses a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus algorithm. In comparison to Proof-of-Work (PoW) systems like Bitcoin and Ethereum, this eliminates the negative environmental impact and means that users can make transactions that are cheaper, faster, and where the outcome cannot be changed once complete.
Since great user experiences and operating a modern networking protocol need iteration and improvement, Celo supports rapid upgrades and protocol changes via on-chain governance in which all CELO holders can participate.
Programmable (Full EVM Compatibility
Celo includes a programmable smart contract platform that is compatible with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), which is already widely adopted, familiar to developers and has strong tool support. This enables Celo to deliver rich user features and rapidly support a wide ecosystem of third-party applications and extensions.
Users have access to and fully control their funds and account keys, and don't need to depend on third parties to make payments.